June 11, 2013

6/10/13 ( Father, Daughter Visits & Forgiveness )

How was your weekend? Mine was well Saturday it was just rest day & Sunday I went & visited with my father & grandparents. My father came in town from Detroit for a dance workshop ( he teaches dance) I haven't seen him in a few years. Honestly I cut him out of my life for a couple of years for a some things I felt he shouldn't have done to me & then about last year I decided to give him one last chance to attempt to be apart of my life. 

See my father & I haven't had the best relationship over the years, it was his doing. I came to a breaking point about 4 years ago to cut him & his side of the family out of my life.  A year and half ago I opened the door for him one last time.  As far as his side of the family.. its one of those things where they don't make effort and I'm to the point where they never have & I'm good about that & I could care less. 

Over the years ppl change and sometimes ppl can see where they have gone wrong. I finally stepped up and told him my feelings & told him what I really wanted from him. Just simple communication & effort.

I have to say that I am happy because my father has been pretty good about stepping up and giving me the communication & effort that I so badly wanted & needed.  We talk more and he shows effort which is all i ever wanted.  So you have to understand that this visit was a big deal for me & I couldn't have asked for anything better. 

You know , you have to let go & forgive... you cant stay bitter, hurt.. Because you can miss out on sweet memories and moments like those below..  Some ppl are not meant to be in your life, but some..... they need prayer, forgiveness and maybe if they put the work in... a second chance... & sometimes those second chances are sweeter & better then the first....


These pics are from IG follow me at @SheisSantana
My grandfather showing my father how to tie a tie..  Yes my dad was filming it. lol


Some pics of us.. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a lovely comment and feel free to follow me!!