April 12, 2013

4/11/13 ( So I almost lost my job today)

Ill admit it, I was lazy and trusted someone else on something I shouldn't have.  I didn't bother looking and reporting it, Technically I could have been fired for falsifying records..

I knew it would come to this point & that this might be a possibility. I was pissed at the situation , & at the other ppl involved, I was pissed at myself & embarrassed. I am a good worker and I take pride in my job. But this case I messed up.

What happened? Well in our dept we take care of after hours banking for the residents, we are in charge of money and a key that locks up this money, we have to count the money every shift and verify. Well honestly most of us don't count it, we "trust" the amount that the person before put down.  I know its laziness and wrong.. well this time the damn little key got lost and yup it all fell on me.  fukking wonderful..

According to records I am technically responsible for this little key since I am the last person who signed for it.  Even though I never even looked at or touched the damn key. The other party involved don't care since she is leaving. So I was called into the office and was told that this incident requires and is ground for termination.  I have been at my job almost 7 years, you think I want it to end this way?

I admit I was wrong.. Of course I didn't take the key to money & my concise has been clear on that. But I should done my job correctly and reported it. I decided before going into the meeting that I was going to be a grown woman & take the consequences for my Acton's. The  least I could hope for was  write up.

I was lucky because Iam a good worker & for the fact I have been there so long & no money was missing ( of course there is no reason there should have been yet what if there was?) I just got a write up, which I can deal with.  After the meeting & once I got in the car I was relived & I cried... out of embarrassment, frustration that I feel like I was the only one who really got all the brunt of this bullshit, pissed at myself for trusting this lil trick who don't care cuz she leaving.. & just not doing a simple thing.

I haven't told my Mr. because frankly I am embarrassed and I don't want the chance of him saying "why would you do that?"  when I am already pissed at myself.  I learned my lesson.. I don't & wont ever trust no one at my job again.. not even for something little.  What if the trick before me stole some money & I signed on it then I would be fired!

At the end of the day I put myself in this situation,  I knew better and I know better and you can make damn sure it will NEVER happen again.  I refuse to fukk up my own job.

There are times when we are lazy and letting things  slide... they don't seem big at the time.. but they can get out of hand when it falls apart.. I consider a lesson learned..  I guess I wont be applying for any jobs within this company.. although I really never wanted to..

Great job Santana... Employee of the freakin month!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that! I guess the other girl didn't get in trouble at all...ugh that's unfair. At least you were able to keep your job which is the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly... & I dont think she did.. she is already leaving this job but still. Thank you

      Delete
  2. Aww, sorry about your job trouble. I actually had a similar situation happen to me, and I was fired. Luckily it was only a part-time temp position, so it didn't go on record or anything. The thing that upset me the most was that it was my first ever job out of college and I had only been there less than 6 months, and I didn't feel that my boss gave me a chance to correct my mistakes. On top of that, she was the only person who had a "problem" with my work out of the whole office, so I felt that she had no real grounds for getting rid of me. I also never told anyone about my situation. Anyway, these things happen, the best thing to do is to learn from it and do your best to not let it happen again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a lovely comment and feel free to follow me!!